2017 definitely appears to be one of the best years for gadget lovers as it brings out some of the fantastic smartphones from top brands like Nokia, Samsung, and iPhone. However, in the chaos, it also triggers some confusion to the consumers, who find it hard to decide which product should be a worthy purchase. Samsung recently launched its premium handsets Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, which will be in the market for sale from April 21. The South Korean conglomerate ensured to leave behind the Galaxy Note 7 debacle from the minds of people by introducing them to the premium Galaxy S8. Undoubtedly, Samsung Galaxy S8 stands out from the rest of the recently launched lot for its fabulous design with amazing features. This flagship phone has even out-designed Apple iPhone 7 and apparently claims the tag of the best Android device in the smartphone industry now.
But hold on. We can't get into this conclusion so easily. Be that as it may, Samsung handsets are not flawless, and Apple's classic iPhones still have the edge in various key regions.
Confused? Don't be. In this post, we will draw a clear comparison between the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Apple iPhone 7 so that you can easily decide which should be the best pick.
Design & Display
Samsung Galaxy S8 is beautifully designed with edge-to-edge OLED display in the front and thin bezels and glass rear. The device doesn't have a branding or front home button. The back has a square camera focal point in the middle at the top with the unique mark sensor on its right side and the glimmer module to one side.
Apple iPhone 7 has a similar arrangement but with a flat screen and larger bezels. It has a home button on the front with a Touch ID fingerprint sensor. The rear has an aluminum body with s small camera on the left top corner.
In terms of display, S8 comes with a 5.8-inch display while iPhone 7 has a 4.7-inch display. So it is obvious that S8 has a much larger display than iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. S
Samsung additionally offers a higher resolution than Apple, with 2960 x 1440 pixels on the S8 contrasted with 1334 x 750 pixels on the iPhone 7. This implies the Galaxy S8 ought to offer crisper and keener detail than the iPhone 7 with a pixel thickness of 570ppi contrasted with 326ppi. The iPhone 7 still offers an awesome show.
The iPhone 7 selects a Retina HD show, converting it to an LED-illuminated LCD flat screen, while the Galaxy S8 has a Super AMOLED Infinity Display, which implies bezel-less and edge-to-edge offering rich and energetic hues. Samsung additionally offers Mobile HDR Premium on its S8, making the new lead good with review HDR content.
Both iPhone and Samsung have always offered best camera quality in their handsets. iPhone is undoubtedly known for its fantastic camera performance outcomes. iPhone 7 also stands by the same while Galaxy S8 too gives it a neck to neck competition.
Samsung Galaxy S8 has a 12-megapixel Duo Pixel rear camera with a f/1.7 aperture, 26mm phase detection, autofocus, OIS and LED flash. Samsung offers multi-outline picture handling, which implies the S8 snaps three pictures and uses all the data to make one better, more nitty gritty final picture. The secondary camera is equipped with 8MP resolution, f/1.7 aperture, and autofocus. S8 also features iris scanner to unlock the device quickly.
On the other hand, The Apple iPhone 7 comes with the similar rear camera like Galaxy S8 with 12MP resolution but with vaguely slender aperture of f/1.8. It has other features like Quad-LED True Tone flash. The front camera has a 7MP resolution f/2.2 aperture setup with retina flash and auto-image stabilization. iPhone 7, however, lacks an iris scanner so the device can unlock through a password or Touch ID.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 has an Exynos octa-center chipset under its hood, combined with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of capacity and microSD bolster for further stockpiling development. The premium handset is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset.
The Apple iPhone 7 has the A10 Fusion chip with M10 movement coprocessor. It is combined with 2GB of RAM and capacity alternatives of 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB, none of which have microSD for capacity development.
Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with a 3000mAh battery capacity, charged via USB Type-C with both wireless charging and fast charging supported. It claims to offer up to 20 hours talk time and 14 hours Wi-fi browsing. Galaxy S8 is equipped with a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
On the other hand, Apple iPhone 7 comes with a non-removable Li-ion 1960mAh battery. It claims to deliver 14 hours talk time plus 40 hours music play. It doesn't have the wireless charging option and charged through lightning. There is likewise no 3.5mm earphone jack on the iPhone 7, however Apple bundles in a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack connector in the case, which means despite everything you'll have the capacity to utilize your old earphones.
Meanwhile, both Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7 have features of water and dust resistance with the former offering IP68 rating while iPhone 7 offers IP67 evaluations.
Samsung Galaxy S8 will be available in gold, black and violet colors in the UAE and will be priced at 2,799 AED. The Apple iPhone 7 comes in black, silver, gold, rose gold and red color variants and costs 2704 AED.
So now you can introspect both the devices and their individual specifications and finalize your pick. You can choose considering the feature you would want to have in your handset.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Specification
- Android Nougat 7.0 (Grace UI)
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (S8) / 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm (S8+)
- 8-inches, 1440 x 2960, 570 ppi, Always-On display, Gorilla Glass 5 (S8) / 6.2-inches, 1440 x 2960, 529 ppi, Always-On display, Gorilla Glass 5 (S8+)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Primary camera: 12MP, f/1.7, OIS, LED flash, 4K recording
- Secondary camera: 8MP, f/1.7, 2k recording, Autofocus
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0
- USB-C v3.1
- Sensors: IRIS scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Battery: 3,000mAH (S8) / 3,500mAh (S8+)
Apple iPhone 7 Specification
- OS: iOS 10.0.1 upgradable to iOS 10.3
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
- Display: 4.7 inch 750X1334 pixels, Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Processor: Apple A10 Fusion, Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- Storage: 2 GB RAM, 32/128/256 GB internal storage
- Primary Camera: 12MP, f/1.8, OIS, quad LED dual tone flash, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Secondary Camer: 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm, [email protected], [email protected], face detection, HDR, panorama
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.2, USB 0, reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 1960 mAh battery (7.45 Wh)
Latest posts by PriceDeals (see all)
- Samsung is rumored to launch the most powerful gaming smartphone - July 26, 2018
- Top 5 upcoming smartphones will release in the end of 2018 - July 26, 2018
- Google Fuchsia is the new operating system to end Android - July 25, 2018