On September 12, Tuesday, the spotlight was on Apple, as they were to unveil their most awaited smartphone, the iPhone X. And since then the iPhone X has been the talk of the town for its outstanding technology which makes it to be the best ever smartphone ever built by Apple.
The unique feature of iPhone X is it doesn’t have a home button and thus unlocks by a Face ID. The Cupertino multinational claims that this is the future of smartphones. The iPhone X is unlocked by detecting your face.
However, on the day of presentation, Craig Federighi’s confusion, during the event immediately caused a whisper and doubts about its accuracy. But later Apple explained that what went wrong which led to a small disorder.
When it was the time to show the effectiveness of the Face ID, it did not read the user’s face, instead asked for the access code. Now when the device asked for the access code, Craig Federighi went on to use another iPhone to continue the demonstration.
In the world of web where anybody is free to voice their opinion, it was quite obvious that the netizens would not overlook this error by Apple iPhone X. Within a short time, there were several memes and sarcastic comments making fun of the situation.
At last, Apple issued a statement explaining as to what went wrong during the presentation where the Face ID of the iPhone X didn’t work out.
According to the tech giant Apple, the people in charge of bringing the new iPhones to the stage before the event did not realize that Face ID was trying to recognize their faces to allow the unlocking of the iPhone. After failing a number of times because they were not Craig Federighi, the smartphone asked for the access code. In this way, Face ID worked as the way it should.
The Face ID worked the way it should and there is no doubt that it is quite accurate. But we just hope that the Cupertino Company remains more careful while presenting its new device.
Even the Touch ID also works in the same way. When it the fingerprint sensor doesn’t recognize the user, it quickly asks for the access code. And many of the situations are quite similar to Android devices-
These are the current conditions:-
- The device has just been powered up or restarted.
- The device has not been unlocked for more than 48 hours.
- The password was not used to unlock the device in the last six days and the Touch ID did not unlock the device in the last eight hours.
- The device received a remote lock command.
- After five unsuccessful attempts to match a fingerprint.
- When setting up or registering new fingers with Touch ID.
Latest posts by PriceDeals (see all)
- Samsung is rumored to launch the most powerful gaming smartphone - July 26, 2018
- Top 5 upcoming smartphones will release in the end of 2018 - July 26, 2018
- Google Fuchsia is the new operating system to end Android - July 25, 2018