It was just a year back when Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded and the company was quite embarrassed about it. And again Samsung is in news for the wrong reason. Just a few days back Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge caught fire in midnight while the family was fast asleep.
Tony Morgan and his wife Theresa Morgan were sleeping when they found their Galaxy S7 Edge at 4:30 AM on June 25. The reports from idahostatesman say Tony Morgan and his wife Theresa Morgan were sleeping in their bedroom when they found the exploded S7 Edge at 4:30 AM on June 25. Tony Morgan’s wife, Theresa also has a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, she said: “It’s like a gun went off inside”.
Tony Morgan said “We thought we saw smoke coming from behind the nightstand so I pulled it out and discovered that it was my phone. The phone was smoldering. I had to grab a towel to remove it because it was also melting and oozing some type of a chemical.”
Tony Morgan took the phone and got it outside, he said that the phone was “oozing black goo and something came out of the battery” with a “pretty bad smell.”
Tony Morgan said that they had two handsets of Galaxy S7 Edge at his home. He said none of the smartphones ever faced any problem. The explosion had destroyed the charger and left burn marks on the nightstand.
Samsung paid $944 to Tony Morgan to cover the cost of the phone and also repaired his nightstand which was damaged because of the explosion.
Latest posts by PriceDeals (see all)
- Samsung is rumored to launch the most powerful gaming smartphone - July 26, 2018
- Top 5 upcoming smartphones will release in the end of 2018 - July 26, 2018
- Google Fuchsia is the new operating system to end Android - July 25, 2018