YouTube recently added some new features which seem to be pretty interesting. The logo of YouTube also went through some changes. Now you can also change the color of YouTube’s background to black. But this feature is available only on the desktop.
The video-streaming site is calling it as the ‘Dark Theme’. This makes the background black and removes the white color from the sidebar also. As per the company, activating the dark theme cuts down on glare and takes in the true colors of the videos that the user is watching.
Follow the step by step procedure to enjoy the latest change in YouTube:
* Open your browser and log in to YouTube with your account
* Click on your picture on the right side
* Scroll down to find an option that reads 'Dark Theme'
* Once you click on it you will see a toggle to activate the 'Dark Theme'.
This setting will apply to that particular browser only and will be enabled for any new window that you would open after that. But that will not be applicable to any windows in the incognito mode.
The new logo of YouTube consists of black text along with the red play icons. The red color in the logo is brighter as compared to the present existing red color. The design changes and new features are available on both iOS and Android versions of the YouTube app. The app will now have a white background with the new YouTube logo placed on the left.
The navigation tab is shifted to the bottom and the new design also comes with a separate Accounts and Library tabs. Users can now also slowdown or speedup the playback of any video. The feature was so far available in the desktop version only. It will be found under the settings menu.
The testing of this feature was done in May this year. Google later announced that they would implement it for YouTube. The feature was then seen in developer mode.
Latest posts by PriceDeals (see all)
- Samsung is rumored to launch the most powerful gaming smartphone - July 26, 2018
- Top 5 upcoming smartphones will release in the end of 2018 - July 26, 2018
- Google Fuchsia is the new operating system to end Android - July 25, 2018